Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cookie Bouquet


My husband loves these sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, but I wanted to do something a little different this year. I decided to make a cookie bouquet, because any food is better if you put it on a stick, right? The recipe for the cookies is here.  Roll out the dough thick enough to support a bamboo skewer. Cut out the shapes and place them on a cookie sheet. Stick the skewer into the dough so it goes through the whole length of the cookie. Make sure it goes through the middle of the dough and isn't coming through on the back.


 Put a piece of styrofoam or floral foam inside a basket, large mug or other container.


 Place some tissue loosely on top of the styrofoam, and tuck it on the edges between the styrofoam and the container.


Stick in the cookies, starting with the middle and working out toward the edges. It's almost too pretty to eat, but I'm sure my husband will manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment